30.11.10

Warm Fuzzies...


That's what I get when I think of this soup...
make this soup...
and most definitely when I eat this soup.

Tyler's Ultimate Chicken and Dumplings

I had saved the episode when he made this probably over a year ago.
But time and energy weren't at their best last winter
so I waited for the cold to set in this year to give it a try.

I've made it twice since...




The chicken stock that you make is more than enough for two kicks at this recipe.
I just froze the remaining stock after making it the first time.
For the second time around...
thaw the stock...
and take skinless/boneless chicken breasts, trim them and butterfly them,
then simmer them in a pot with water/salt/peppercorns/thyme/bay leaves for about an hour.

Also... mine didn't thicken enough with the flour that he called for,
so I made a little flour/stock solution to add for a thicker consistency.

1 comment:

  1. wow it does look good. but....I'M NOT MAKING FREAKING CHICKEN STOCK!

    ReplyDelete