4.3.11

Homemade Oreos.


Oreo Cookies


Cookies
2 Devil's Food Cake Mix (Chocolate with pudding in the mix)
I use Betty Crocker
4 Large Eggs
1 C. Vegetable Oil

First crack eggs in the mixer and start beating... add oil... then slowly add cake mixes.
Mix all together for about a minute.
Roll batter into balls (I use a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop to measure)
Bake at 350 for 8-9 min. (I do 8 min.)

Icing
1 8oz. Cream Cheese
2 1/4 C. Icing Sugar
2 tbsp. Butter (softened)
2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract

We quite like these cookies around these parts...
I made some yesterday for a lady in our ward who just had a baby boy (hence the blue icing),
but they are such an easy choice for any kind of occasion...
Christmas time I add crushed candy canes to the icing
In the Fall I did a vanilla cookie with orange icing
... lots of options.

One warning...
I've yet to witness a child eating these without an all around gooey mess to follow.

2 comments:

  1. I JUST made these last week! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. should i be offended that i have never tasted or even seen one of your amazing variations of oreo cookies??? halloween, christmas??

    ReplyDelete