30.6.11

The Bed.


In 8 1/2 years of marriage...
Joel and I have never had a headboard or footboard.
There's no question that the thought
"We'll get real furniture when we own a home"
has played a huge factor.

It's just taking a while.

and I think we still feel that way...
but it was time to do something.

So...
we bought an old solid wood headboard and footboard on craigslist for pennies.
Sanded it down,
and gave it a fresh coat of pale blue paint.
(when I say we... I mostly mean Joel)



I bought some pretty cheap bedding from Target and gave it my own little twist.
(I glued fabric button covers to all the buttons on the bedding)


We've had the same nightstands for probably six years from Ikea...
Since I still don't want to buy furniture for a room we don't own,
I just changed out the knobs.


I got these knobs from Anthropologie.


And...
here's the result.
Does it make me happy and encourage bedtime?
Yes siree.


I still have to hang all my copper frames and such,
but maybe when it's all done I'll give the whole room a shout out.

6 comments:

  1. Regan, this is so dang cute! I will pay top dollar for you to come to my house and re-decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have that same bedding in brown, but im getting the blue set from nicole! Love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute Regan! I've got that same bedding and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute...I have the same nightstands and I may just have to put new knobs on cause yours look so much cuter. I need craigslist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i could put this on pintrest! oh, so someone has the bedding another the night stand? well i have those knobs...i do...i live in raymond and i have knobs from anthropologie because they have cute cheap knobs online there...they do... dang, i sure do love those knobs.

    ReplyDelete