11.2.11

Our Go-To



I've been trying to find the perfect pomodoro sauce...
and it hasn't been easy...

I've tried all kinds of recipes and techniques.

I would say for time, taste and effort... this recipe is my winner (so far).
The kids love it, the husband loves it and it's really quite easy.
I probably make this at least once a week.

It's so yummers and super healthy.

Here you have it...

I take a shallow casserole dish and spray it with cooking spray...

Set oven to broil

1 28oz Can of Stewed tomatoes
- I dice them in half above the can and drain out the juice and seeds (some seeds will evade you).
About five medium garlic cloves - crushed
Olive Oil
- I just pour it all around... if I had to guess... I'd say it's about 1/4 cup... I think... maybe? If the sauce seems dry while it's roasting, just add more...
Truffle Oil (if you don't have it... skip it)
- Maybe 2 tbsp.
Fresh Ground Pepper and Salt.
Sugar - I'd say about a tsp.
Tomato Paste
- 4 - 5 tbsp.

Broil away...
I don't time it, but you want all the tops of the tomatoes to be good and browned.
Maybe 15 min.?
Honestly just watch it... cause I really have no idea...
Once it's browning really nice,
I toss a handful of chopped fresh basil on top and give it a good stir.
Let it broil for another 3-5 min.
Once I've taken it out of the oven, I take a potato masher and mash down all the tomatoes...
if it seems a little dry add more oil.
Taste and add desired amount of salt/pepper.

I will often use 2 cans of tomatoes and adjust everything else to make a little more.

I like to put this with whole wheat thin spaghetti...
if you pick a good brand you won't even miss your old white pasta.
I often serve this with a pine-nut chicken recipe that I'll post sometime soon.

I know I'm T-errible at writing out recipes...
I'm trying to be better at paying attention to what I do.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do...

No comments:

Post a Comment